Before we get to talking about what is an Organization, let's understand what is Neo Admin Center.
Freshworks Neo Platform is a flexible, end-to-end, AI-powered enterprise platform that offers a set of services that are leveraged by all the applications in the Freshworks portfolio. The Neo Admin Center is one such service.
So, what is the Neo Admin Center? It is a centralized console offering customizable security and administration solutions across the Freshworks products. Admins can leverage different authentication and authorization solutions, various security controls to customize, and simplified user and account management.
The concept of an Organization is central to the Freshworks Neo Admin Center. It binds every customer accounts across the Freshworks portfolio together. As an organization admin, you can easily access all the accounts and users under a single glass pane.
When you first sign up for a Freshworks product, an Organization is created. You can access the Neo Admin Center using the Organization URL that looks something like this: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you manage your accounts from this central location, you can access all administration and security settings.
Who is an Organization Admin?
By default, the person signing up for the account will be made the first organization admin. As an organization admin, you can make another user an organization admin.
Here are a few things you need to know about the 'Organization':
- Whenever you sign up for any of our Freshworks suite of products, we automatically create a new Organization and generate a unique organization URL that looks something like this: yourcompany.freshworks.com. As agents, you can use this to log in and view your profile, and your accounts.
- As an Organization Admin, you can configure various security settings, customize your Organization's details, and change any user's profile details. You can also subscribe to new products from your Organization dashboard or from the Freshworks Switcher.
- If you are the Organization Admin, you can enable Agent and Contact (your customers in Freshdesk) Single Sign-On functionality and simplify your users' login experience.
- If you are the Organization Admin, you can configure and manage security policies (custom password policy, default login methods, multiple custom login policies, enable single sign-on, etc.) for all or any accounts in your Organization.
- If you are the Organization Admin, you can view all the users in your Organization and get visibility of all the important activities that are taking place through audit logs.