What is Organization URL
When you first sign-up for a Freshworks product, we auto-generate an Organization URL for your Organization based on your signup data and our proprietary domain generation algorithm. It should look something like this: yourcompany.freshworks.com
How do I find out what my Organization URL is
If you are logged in, the Organization URL can be found in the switcher pane when you click on the Freshworks Switcher.
How can I change my Organization URL
If you are the Organization Admin of the Organization, you can change the Organization URL. Here’s how!
- Log in using your Organization URL (e.g. yourcompany.freshworks.com) or click on 'Manage your organization' link in the switcher pane.
- On your home page, click on the 'Edit Organization Information' button.
- Click on the 'Change Organization URL' link if you would like to change this to suit your branding or organization guidelines.
- Once you click on the link, a modal pop-up will appear with instructions. Enter the new Organization domain and click on Change.
Here are a few things you need to know before you change your Organization URL:
- All the users will be logged out and will be prompted to log in to the new Organization URL.
- The old Organization URL will not be accessible any longer and all the users need to use the updated Organization URL.
- If you have configured custom SSO, you will have to update the configuration in your IdP to reflect the new Organization URL.
- All the user activation links / reset password links with old Organization URL will not be functional any longer.
- You cannot undo this change. We cannot reclaim the Organization URL if it is being used by another customer.
Important Note: If you have configured a custom SSO policy in the security section already, you will have to modify the security configuration at your IdP to reflect the new organization URL. Unless you do this, your SSO Configuration is not considered complete and you won't be able to log in to your Freshworks account.