Some reports are self explanatory but others aren't. Add text to your report pages for effects and explanation.
You can add text to a report but not to a chart. You can do so by:
- Click on 'Add Widget' in the menu bar to the extreme right of the screen
- Drag and drop the empty text widget on to the report canvas
- Click on the 'Add Text' link
- You can add text in the text window
- Change style from the right pane. You can choose to change the font, the size, the color of the text, rich text formatting (bold, italic, underline and strikethrough), highlight color, add alignment (center, left, right) and padding on top, left, bottom or right.
- You can also change the style of the widget - border color, background color and opacity.
- You can choose to give the text template a name so that it's easily searchable from the 'Existing' gallery and can be reused by you and your teammates
- If you want to reset the style of the widget to the report's style, you can click on the handy 'Reset to report's styling' button