Versioning enables you to create and manage multiple releases or versions of the same bot.
- If you want to add or optimize existing workflows in a published bot, you can create a new version of your existing bot. Please note that you can only create a version of a published bot or an unpublished bot.
- To create a new version of a published bot, click on the + New version button. This will create a draft version of your current bot.
Please note that you can only have one draft version of your bots.
- If you try to create a version of your bot while another draft exists, you will get this prompt:
- This means that the existing draft will be moved to the unpublished state, and the current bot that you were working on will be saved as the draft version. You can easily switch between the different bot versions.
Please note that the bot script will only load the published version of the bot at any given point in time.
- Once you have configured and tested the bot's latest version, you can go ahead and publish it to your customers.
A bot version can exist in any of the following three states:
Draft: A version of the bot that has not gone live and has never been published. Usually, the latest version of the bot will generally be the draft version before it gets published.
Published: A version of the bot that has gone live and can start interacting with customers. The bot can have only one published version at any instant of time. Whenever the bot script is loaded externally (in a web page/app), the bot's published version is available for customer interaction.
Unpublished: A version of the bot that was once published, but rolled back due to a different release or issue.
The following modules are subject to versioning:
- Holistic View
- API Library
- Quick Actions
- Custom parameters
Please write to email@example.com if you have any more questions; we’ll be happy to help you.