You can enable your Freddy Self-service bot to understand the intent of your customers in a conversation. You can set up questions and their variations to map them to an answer or a chatbot flow. The bot can detect the intent of the customer and direct them to the right answer. When you’ve properly configured your bot, this is what your customer will experience. Here’s how you can set up your first bot:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A quick guide to setting up intents for your bot:
- A quick guide to training the bot:
- A quick guide to setting up Fallback:
- A quick guide to consolidating feedback:
A quick guide to setting up intents for your bot:
Login to your Freddy Self-service account as an Admin/Owner.
Select the required bot from the bot list and click on Intent based flows from the right navigation bar.
Click on Start > + New intent, and you will see this screen.
You can add a new intent by typing the primary question from (1) Search / add Intent box. Based on the text here, the similar intents will show up as a list, and you can add them as variants to the primary intent.
Use the (2) Add variants button to keep adding multiple variants (new or existing) to this intent. You will be notified if you add the same intent twice.
Once the intent and the variants are configured, you can map it to (3) Answer, or (4) Flow or both. If you have connected both, then the answer will get triggered first followed by the flow.
Note: If any flow is marked as inactive or if the flow name is changed, the flow will not be triggered. You will be notified with an error message ‘Mapped flow is unavailable’ with the flow name marked in red.
A quick guide to training the bot:
- All the flows that need to be improved will be listed in the Train your bot section. They will be tagged as
- unmapped if they haven't been mapped to an answer or a flow,
- unhelpful if they're marked as unhelpful by customers, and
- improve coverage if these intents have lesser than five variants, or if there are similar unmapped intents present in the training section.
For any intents in this section, you can use the pencil icon to go to the Edit Intent screen. Any existing similar intents will be here. You can use the + add intent button to add similar variants to the primary intent.
A quick guide to setting up Fallback:
- Fallback flows will be triggered when the bot is not able to respond to the customer’s question. You can also set up variants to the fallback message on this page.
Connect the fallback message to any flow so the customers are redirected to this flow whenever the bot is unable to take the conversation further. You can also set it up so that the conversation is assigned to an agent as a fallback flow.
A quick guide to consolidating feedback:
When enabled, feedback will be triggered after every answer given by the bot. You can also map flows to the Yes and No options. Based on what the customer picks, they will be taken to the mapped flow. If there is no mapped flow, a thank you message will be shown.
Please write to email@example.com if you have any more questions. We'll be happy to help you.