You can integrate Freshbots with Freshchat to serve bot as an external service which is called Freshchat BYOB(Bring Your Own Bot). Freshchat is a live chat product that helps in easy messaging with customers.
Freshbots-Freshchat integration helps in the scenario where a user engaging with the bot wants to talk to a live chat agent, then the conversation will be handed over to a Freshchat agent. The bot will kick in again once the ticket is resolved.
Steps to integrate Freshbots with Freshchat
* Create a Fresh chat account by following this link, if you don’t have one already.
In the Bot builder:
* Click on the Bot Settings icon.
* Choose Freshchat option under 'Channels & Integrations' and click on +New Integration.
* You can either create your own bot and sync it or you can use the Freshchat widget.
* In the configuration page, fill the following fields :
BYOB App Id - fill this with FRESHCHAT APP_ID
BYOB API Key - fill this with FRESHCHAT API_KEY
BYOB bot user ID - fill this with FRESHCHAT BOT_USER_ID
BYOB assigned group- this will be the template that will get from flow to assign the conversation dynamically to the Freshchat group.
BYOB Customer Meta - fill this with the following payload:
Here, you can fill with template variables or with static values and that will be used to update the user properties.
In the Freshchat page:
* In the Freshchat page disable the bots and enable the webhooks from settings.
Embed the Freshchat SDK on the page:
* In the Freshchat page, Click on Settings and choose the Web Messenger.
* From the widget code, copy both the Head & Body code and paste it on your website.
For a manual test, run follow the procedure:
Test your changes as an end-user by pasting your copied code snippet in https://jsfiddle.net/