If you are an agent or admin logging into Freshworks using password-based authentication from the Freshworks login page, you can enable Two-Factor authentication for your user account by turning on the Two-Factor authentication and increase your user account security.
After you enable Two-Factor authentication, you will be asked to enter the Two-Factor authentication code every time you log in via password, thus making it harder for others to log in as you.
NOTE: If you are logging in via third party SSO / Sign in with Google options, Freshworks configured Two-Factor Authentication will not be applicable.
Where to configure Two-Factor Authentication?
To access Two-Factor Authentication settings,
- Navigate to your Profile View by clicking on Edit Profile inside the Freshworks Switcher
- Click on the Security tab inside your Profile View and Open the Two-Factor Authentication section
- Click on the Set up Two-Factor Authentication button.
How to set up Two-Factor Authentication?
- Before you proceed to set up, ensure you have installed a Two-Factor authentication app in your mobile device. Some of the popular Two-Factor Authentication apps are Authy, Google Authenticator and Last Pass
- Once you click on Set up Two-Factor Authentication button, you will be displayed with a QR code like below
- Open the Two-Factor authentication app in your mobile device and use it to scan the QR Code displayed.
- If you have trouble scanning the QR code, click on "Can't scan the QR code?" link and it will display secure one time key. You can enter this secret inside your Two-Factor Authentication app.
- After you have successfully, scanned the QR code, your Authenticator app will display a 6 digit verification code. Enter this code in the Freshworks setup box to complete the Setup
- Once the 6 digit code is successfully verified, you will be presented with "Recovery Codes". Please download these recovery codes and keep them in a secure location. When you don't have access to your mobile device to complete your Two-Factor authentication, you can use one of these recovery codes to login to Freshworks application.
How to disable Two-Factor Authentication?
If you would like to disable Two-Factor Authentication that is configured for your user account, you can navigate to Security Settings and click "Disable Two-Factor Authentication" button.
How to use Recovery Codes?
If you lose your mobile device or don't have access to your device and are not able to enter your Two-Factor authentication code at the time of log-in, you can use one of the recovery codes that were presented to you at the time of enabling Two-Factor authentication.
Important: These recovery codes are one time use only and will expire once a code is used to successfully log in.
NOTE: Make sure these recovery codes are stored securely so that no one other than you can gain access to them and use them.