Two-factor authentication is a feature that combines something you know like your password and something you have like your phone, thus adding another layer of security. After you enter your password, you’ll get a second code sent to your phone. Only after you enter the code will you get into your account.
To increase account security, you can enable Two-Factor Authentication for your account in your security settings. It makes it that much harder for unauthorized users to access your online accounts.
Note: After you enable Two-Factor authentication, you will be asked to enter the Two-Factor authentication code every time you log in via password, thus making it harder for others to log in as you.
Note: If you are logging in via third party SSO / Sign in with Google options, Freshworks configured Two-Factor Authentication will not be applicable.
Where to configure Two-Factor Authentication
To access Two-Factor Authentication settings,
- Log into your Freshworks account using your Org URL. In your Dashboard (or Freshworks Switcher pane), you will see ‘Edit Profile’. Click on it.
- Click on the Security tab inside your Profile View and scroll to the Two-Factor Authentication section.
- Click on the Set up Two-Factor Authentication button.
How to set up Two-Factor Authentication
- Before you proceed to set up, ensure you have installed a Two-Factor authentication app in your mobile device. Some of the popular Two-Factor Authentication apps are Authy, Google Authenticator and Last Pass
- Once you click on Set up Two-Factor Authentication button, you will be displayed with a QR code as shown below
- Open the Two-Factor authentication app in your mobile device and use it to scan the QR Code displayed.
- If you have trouble scanning the QR code, click on "Can't scan the QR code?" link and it will display secure one-time key. You can enter this secret inside your Two-Factor Authentication app.
- After you have successfully, scanned the QR code, your Authenticator app will display a 6-digit verification code. Enter this code in the Freshworks setup box to complete the Setup.
- Once the 6 digit code is successfully verified, you will be presented with "Recovery Codes". Please download these recovery codes and keep them in a secure location. When you don't have access to your mobile device to complete your Two-Factor authentication, you can use one of these recovery codes to log in to the Freshworks application.
How to disable Two-Factor Authentication
If you would like to disable Two-Factor Authentication that is configured for your user account, you can navigate to Security Settings and click the "Disable Two-Factor Authentication" button.