Every conversation your bot has with your customers is recorded on the Conversations page. You can view all the messages exchanged between the bot and the customer on this page in real-time. Apply the necessary filters to deep dive into the conversations to get customer details, view activity logs, and API calls made by the bot.
- Login to your chatbot account as an Admin/Owner and select the required bot
- Click on the Conversations from the menu
- The conversations tab of every bot in the bot builder gives you these conversations as a list
- You can use the filters (such as by time, conversation status, customer details, or the external conversation ID) available on the right to customize and view just a list of tickets you want to see or start working on
- All current, ongoing conversations are listed here, apart from all the previous conversations your bot has had.
- You can also choose to use the Search bar to search for a particular conversation and get more details about it.
- In the conversation list, you will be able to view:
- Conversation ID: Unique ID that is given to every conversation
- Customer Name: The name of the customer who interacted with the bot
- Time: When the conversation was initiated
- Status: Status in which the conversation is (Open, Closed, New, etc.)
- New: When the customer has not initiated/replied to the conversation.
- Open: When the customer replies to the bot in the conversation.
- Closed: When the current conversation is ended or resolved.
- Define the necessary filters on the right panel to view the desired list of conversations. You can also reset all the filters you set up and start fresh
- Time - Either a custom time range or one of the predefined default time frame
- Conversation status - New or Open or Closed or Closed by customer
- Customer - The name of the customer who had the bot conversation
- External conversation ID - A unique ID given to the conversation based on your bot's location (webpage, mobile app, etc.)
- Once you’ve filtered through the conversations or searched through the conversations, you can click on the conversation card to view the complete conversation. On this page, you will view three different tabs: Messages, Activity Logs, and API calls.
- Messages: Here, you will be able to see every message exchanged between the bot and your customer. You can also click on the messages to navigate to the respective flow that was triggered. You can use this to diagnose and fix the flow that you want your customers to experience.
- Activity Logs: Clicking on the activity logs page, you’ll be able to find a log of all the activities of that conversation, with the last activity displayed first. You will be able to see exactly
- when each message was sent,
- what actions were triggered,
- what conditions were checked for any remote API calls were made, and
- error messages relating to what went wrong where so you can revisit your bot configuration.
- API Calls: The API calls page will show you all the API calls triggered for that conversation. These API calls are based on your configurations under the API library. You can click on the respective log to see the API call that was made, the call status, and the response parameters that were passed.
On the right pane, you’ll find the contact details and conversation information.
- Contact details display the customer’s ID, IP address, landing URL, and network
- Conversation information will contain the conversation ID, status, and bot version
Currently, every interaction your bot has with your customers is recorded as a conversation in the bot builder, regardless of whether the customer responds or not. We’ve observed that this leads to a lot of ‘New’ status conversations where the only interaction is the dialog initiated by the bot. This creates a huge volume of conversations that leads to a cluttered experience.
To avoid this, we will stop creating conversations when the customer doesn’t respond to the bot message(s). These conversations will not be visible in the Conversations tab in the bot builder and ‘New’ status conversations will be removed from Analytics.
We’re carrying out this process in three phases:
Phase 1 - We will stop creating conversations where the first message initiated by the bot is a Static message. Eg: Static text with rich text, image, link, emoji, etc.
Date of implementation - Nov 5,2021
Phase 2 - We will stop creating conversations where the first message initiated by the bot contains Conditions and Functions.
Date of implementation - Mid December 2021
Phase 3 - We will stop creating conversations where the first message initiated by the bot has dialog actions, like showing a proactive message, opening a URL, triggering an event when a message opens, etc.
Date of implementation - February 2022
1. Raw data about messages and conversations will be acessible for upto 90 days from the date of the Conversation. 2. 'New' status tickets in Analytics and Conversations tab will not be available as we bring about these changes 3. A new metric 'Visitors' will soon be available that will help you understand the number of visitors to your website.
These changes are made to provide you with a smooth and clutter-free experience and have no end-user impact.
Please write to email@example.com if you have any more questions; we’ll be happy to help you.