Two-factor authentication is a feature that combines something you know like your password and something you have like your phone, thus adding another layer of security. After you enter your password, you’ll get a second code sent to your phone. Only after you enter the code will you get into your account.
To increase account security, you can enable Two-Factor Authentication for your account in your security settings. It makes it that much harder for unauthorized users to access your online accounts.
Note: After you enable Two-Factor authentication, you will be asked to enter the Two-Factor authentication code every time you log in via password, thus making it harder for others to log in as you.
Note: If you are logging in via third party SSO / Sign in with Google options, Freshworks configured Two-Factor Authentication will not be applicable.
Where to configure Two-Factor Authentication
To access Two-Factor Authentication settings,
- Log into your Freshworks account using your Org URL. In your Dashboard (or Freshworks Switcher pane), you will see ‘Edit Profile’. Click on it.
- Click on the Security tab inside your Profile View and scroll to the Two-Factor Authentication section.
- Click on the Enable button.
How to set up Two-Factor Authentication
- Before you proceed to set up, ensure you have installed a Two-Factor authentication app in your mobile device. Some of the popular Two-Factor Authentication apps are Authy, Google Authenticator and Last Pass
- Once you click on the Enable button, you will be displayed with a QR code as shown below
- Open the Two-Factor authentication app in your mobile device and use it to scan the QR Code displayed.
- If you have trouble scanning the QR code, click on "Can't scan the QR code?" link and it will display secure one-time key. You can enter this secret inside your Two-Factor Authentication app.
- After you have successfully, scanned the QR code, your Authenticator app will display a 6-digit verification code. Enter this code in the Freshworks setup box to complete the Setup.
- Once the 6 digit code is successfully verified, you will be presented with "Recovery Codes". Please download these recovery codes and keep them in a secure location. When you don't have access to your mobile device to complete your Two-Factor authentication, you can use one of these recovery codes to log in to the Freshworks application.
How to disable Two-Factor Authentication
If you would like to disable Two-Factor Authentication that is configured for your user account, you can navigate to Security Settings and click the "Disable" button.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries. We're more than happy to help.