This feature is available in Forest Omnichannel
The process of training Freddy Answers is iterative and needs to be consistent. Follow these steps to make Freddy Answers effective for your business.
- Create a question and an answer
- Trigger a bot flow or transfer the chat to an agent, if there’s a need
- Add different examples of how the question can be asked
- Preview and test Freddy Answers performance for that question
- Draw insights to improve the quality of questions and answers
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Adding answers
- Adding example questions
- Transfer to an agent
- Triggering bot flows in Freddy Answers
- Preview Freddy Answers performance
- Improving Freddy Answers performance
- Start writing answers to all the commonly asked questions by clicking on the New Answer button. Go ahead and Addananswer. The replies can be formatted in bold, italics, or underline. You can also add links to it.
- Click on the Save changes button.
Adding example questions
- As customers can ask the same question in different ways, it’s essential to add different variants or examples of the same question and train the bot to deliver accurate answers, no matter how customers phrase it. Based on customer conversations, Freddy Answers will suggest a list of variants for each question. You can either approve or reject them.
- It’s also recommended to train Freddy Answers to recognize questions your customers have not yet asked, by manually adding examples for each question.
Transfer to an agent
There are questions a bot is not equipped to answer. Freddy Answers hands off such conversation to a human agent to speed up resolution and improve customer experience. You can choose to transfer certain conversations to a human agent without the customer having to request one.
- Identify the questions where an agent’s involvement is necessary. For eg. when a customer asks, “How much discount do you offer on bulk orders?”, having an agent to interact with the customer to negotiate the best pricing would make sense.
- Click on Hand over to an agent. Freddy Answers will collect the name and the email address of the customer before transferring the chat to an agent. This will help agents follow up with customers in case the chat gets disconnected.
Triggering bot flows in Freddy Answers
Click here to know how to trigger bot flows in Freddy Answers
Preview Freddy Answers performance
After adding answers to a question, you can test the performance of Freddy Answers for that question by clicking on Preview at the top-right corner of the screen. This helps you test if the relevant answer and flows are triggered by Freddy Answers for that question.
You can also test the overall Freddy Answers performance by clicking on Try your bot at the bottom-left corner in the Freddy Answers configuration page.
Improving Freddy Answers performance
Freddy Answers provides suggestions on creating effective questions and answers based on its performance. This includes:
- Suggesting questions for which no answers exist today
- Suggesting similar questions for an existing question and answer pair
- Suggestions questions that are underperforming i.e. the ones that created a ticket in Freshdesk or were marked unhelpful by the customer.
The labels Unanswered, Improve Coverage and Underperforming indicate the next best action you need to take to improve the quality of questions and answers.
a) Unanswered: The questions for which the bot could not find an effective answer will be labeled as unanswered. It’s an indication that an answer has to be created for these questions.
b) Improve coverage: This label appears when Freddy Answers
- Learns from customer conversation to find similar questions that can be mapped to the original question asked by the customer
- Prompts you to manually add more examples of the same question
This helps deliver precise answers to customers no matter how they phrase a question.
c) Underperforming: Answers in which the number of downvotes, is higher than 10% of the total votes, will be labeled as underperforming. It’s an indication that the answer isn’t helpful and needs to be changed.