We have noticed a very few customers reporting that they are getting logged out immediately after logging in. After a thorough investigation, we have realized that this happens because of a particular browser setting that blocks third-party cookie access.
For freshworks functionality to work correctly, across our different products like Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales etc, we require either whitelisting [*].freshworks.com or allowing third party cookies and we request you to change your browser settings accordingly.
We have given guides for changing the browser settings in Firefox, Chrome and Safari 12 below.
- Open FireFox, open new tab and type "about:preferences" and hit enter
- In search box search for "cookies"
- You will see this page :
- If "Standard" options is choose by default there shouldn't be any issues, please contact our devs for further debugging.
- If "Custom" option is choose by default make sure "Third-party trackers" is selected
- After this change click "Reload All Tabs" to take effect.
- Open FireFox, open new tab and type "about:preferences#privacy" and hit enter
- If customers have blocked third party cookies, their setting would reflect the below image
- Go to the respective product's page, in this case "support.freshdesk.com"
- Step "1", click on information icon which says "Show site information"
- Step "2", click on "Turn off Blocking for This Site"
- By this tracking is blocked only for "support.freshdesk.com" and FireFox continues blocking other sites.
Open Chrome, open new tab and type "chrome://settings/content/cookies" and hit enter
You will see the below page if customers has blocked third party cookies.
- To Allow third party cookies only for freshworks.com domains.
- Click on "Add" button shown inside the highlighted box
- A dialog box opens like below
- Enter this value "[*.]freshworks.com" in the input field (without quotes) and click Add
Safari Browser (> Version 12)
Important: Safari has to be quit and re-opened for the below settings to take effect.
- In MacOS click "Safari → Preferences" Shortcut : CMD + ,
- You will see the preference window, click on "Privacy" tag as highlighted
- Uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking" checkbox