We have noticed a small subset of our customers facing issues while logging in to our Freshworks suite of products. We have observed that this happens because of a particular browser setting that blocks third-party cookie access.
For freshworks login functionality to work correctly across our different products like Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales etc, we require either whitelisting [*].freshworks.com or allowing third-party cookies and we request you to change your browser settings accordingly. We need this setting to be enabled so that our login systems can securely keep you logged in across all our products and to ensure seamless single sign-on across all the products.
For your reference, we have described how to whitelist Freshworks.com domain or how to allow third-party cookies for popular browsers like in Firefox, Chrome, Safari 11, Safari 12 and Edge Browser below. In case you need more help, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open FireFox, open new tab and type "about:preferences" and hit enter
- In search box search for "cookies"
- You will see this page :
- If "Standard" options are chosen by default, please contact email@example.com to help you further.
- If "Custom" option is chosen by default, make sure "Third-party trackers" is selected as shown below.
- After this change, the browser prompts you to click "Reload All Tabs" to apply the recent changes.
Open Chrome, open new tab and type "chrome://settings/content/cookies" and hit enter
You will see something like below if you've blocked third party cookies.
- You need to allow third party cookies only for freshworks.com domains so click on "Add" button shown inside the highlighted box.
- Enter this value "[*.]freshworks.com" in the input field (without quotes) and click Add
Safari Browser (Version 12 and 11)
Important: Safari has to be closed and re-opened for the below settings to take effect.
- In MacOS click "Safari → Preferences" Shortcut : CMD + ','
- In the Preferences window, click on "Privacy" tag as highlighted
- Uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking" checkbox
- Click "More options" in the right top corner and then "Settings"
- Click "Privacy & Security"
- Click on dropdown under 'Cookie' section and choose 'Don't block cookies'